Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The ubiquitous incident

Nothing gets under my goat* like the news of footballers making arses of themselves and causing physical harm to others in the wee hours of the morning when they should be tucked in bed at home dreaming of grand finals. More clinical study needs to be done into the effects of increased levels of testosterone, adrenaline and stupidity in the body, but anecdotal evidence suggests this is the outcome.

However, despite often getting on my high horse about footballers and abuse on a regular basis I did find myself rather amused by this excerpt from a news article on the misdeeds of NRL player Bruno Cullen,

"Seymour is alleged to have headbutted a woman while trying to kiss her on the dance floor at the Regatta Hotel at Toowong in Brisbane's inner-west early on Monday morning."


Ha, ha, ha.

I mean, poor woman I hope she is alright.

Ha, ha, ha…



*(a)Expression of inarticulateness dreamed up by my significant other and some of his former housemates, spread it around, see if anyone notices anything odd.
(b)A misuse of the English language particularly relevant to a discussion of footballers.

No comments: