Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I H8 PRSNL PL8S

Like my friend Item I enjoy a good irrational hatred and one I have harboured for many a year is personalised number plates.

It is Bathurst week (Go Holden) so a thought a timely reminer might be needed, to just let everyone with a personalised number plate that your are being a dickhead and paying for the privilege.

My hatred began because our neighbour over the back fence has the numberplate ELUSIV. He is probably getting close to 40 years old, still lives with his parents and will be found in the laneway washing said car every single weekend, without fail. He is the least elusive person on the planet.

In all my years I have never seen a personalised numberplate that wasn’t stupid. A view confirmed, yet again, on the drive back from a weekend away when our carload took in the sight of a red Mercedes with the plate BYNSLL. It took us a while, but we figured it out, and quickly came to the conclusion that the guy was a WNKR.

Other stupidity includes:
XPLOZV
HLDNV.8
BIT3ME
DAHERO
PL4YER
SEXYY
LE6END
And you can have a look here to really make your blood boil. People actually make money selling these things! Arrgh.

Conclusion: Personalised number plates are stupid, unfunny and really really sleazy. People who own them are morons.

End rant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quite liked "Motard" (SOLD, $3500) - seems a perfect word for somebody with a personalised np.

Tom said...

Ha. Brilliant, though I object to having my hatreds called irrational.

Do you think a ZXPERT is a very good sleeper? Perhaps I should buy it for Snooze (oh that's right, she doesn't have a licence).

ALLPAW - one for the dogs, or perhaps concrete contractors.

And if ever there was a number plate to make me want someone less, they would struggle to beat UWNTME. Um, no, I pretty much don't.

Anonymous said...

I saw one this morning that struck me as idiotic: "IWASNT".
er... your point being?

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the fine specimen that lived across from us at the General MacArthur?

The black porsche ERNDIT.

And there's no sneaking around with a personalised number plate. I know, for instance, that ERNDIT has spent at lease one day in the last year in the vicinity of Mount Macedon. I know because I saw him there. And pointed and laughed.

Anonymous said...

Saw this one on the weekend:

SINR 69

Anonymous said...

Like it or not, it's a massive industry!