Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Grand Final Fevers

I find myself with something of a dilemma. Where shall my allegiance lie for the 2006 Grand Final?

My usual gut decision making practice has failed me and I have been forced to think rationally about it. So I decided to draw up a list of pros and cons…


West Coast Cons

They will gloat FOREVER.
The players are mutants.
They knocked the wonderful deserving doggies out of the finals race.
They have the dumbest player in the universe – Ben Cousins.
The more feral section of my family barrack for them.


Sydney Cons

They play cold and calculating footy – completely unlovable.
Last year’s sympathy support and the South Melbourne 72 year premiership drought love-in are over. This premiership is all about Sydney.
They already won the brownlow.
They won the thing just last year, give someone else a turn.

It turns out neither team had any pros.

And I still can’t decide. If anyone can give me a single good reason to pick one side over the other please let me know. Otherwise I may have to remain an impartial observer.
How boring.

3 comments:

Tom said...

It simply has to be Sydney. If nothing else, simply because Adam Goodes said he'd wished he'd drawn the Brownlow with Westy.

And the West Coast Eagles are all on steroids. That's right, you heard it here first. And they use too much oil.

Then again, you could just sit back and see what takes your fancy in the cut and thrust of the action...

Anonymous said...

My favourite football related headline this week:

HUNTER HAPPY AT BOTH ENDS

How nice for him.

(Sydney)

Anonymous said...

I traditionally take a 'whoever kicks the first goal' approach to games where I couldn't give a rats. It saves making a decision - or exposes the decision you really wanted to make. Either way.