Monday, September 18, 2006

Sports Mania

The guilt I feel for neglecting to post a single thing lately is tempered by the fact that as far as I know, I’m the only one who reads this blog. But I do have an excuse for my tardiness. I have immersed myself in sport.

First there is the finals. Poor doggies, poor dees, but what were they going to do, both were playing Western Australian mutants. What exactly do they feed them over there to make their coats so shiny?

Then there was the Moto GP. Motor sport is my secret indulgence. Well, not so secret any more. Those boys are so strange, they are meant to be these super duper motor heads but instead they are like little jockeys with even sillier clothes. Valentino’s run of greatness continues down at Phillip Island.

And last night I tried to go see Melbourne Victory play. Not that I could get in, the place was sold out and as we walked despondently away from the stadium, hordes of people continued to stream towards it. Victory now has the very happy problem of not having a stadium big enough for its crowd. In the long term they need to find a new home or they will find themselves missing out on some lovely revenue. Telstra Dome is looking pretty empty right about now. In the short term though, they could get rid of the $45 premium tickets. I’m sorry you are a mug if you pay that much money to see 90 minutes of regular season football.

And the festival of sporting goodness continues. Still to come is more footy finals, Bathurst, and hopefully one day, a seat a Melbourne Victory game. Ooh, and then there is cricket soon…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, CC, let me break the news that you are not alone on this here interweb. I too have been feeling the guilt of blog neglect due to some serious sporting commitments, though sadly, my season finished earlier than yours (less said about that the better). I admire your pantheistic sporting allegiance, and am now happily throwing myself onto a variety of summer sport bandwagons.
Ashes? Bring. It. On.

Tom said...

Cunning. Very cunning.

So the interwebs continue to expand. How long did you think you could get away with this little ruse?

My 'secret' blog got busted by Virginia within HALF AN HOUR of it appearing online. WTFBBQ!?

Still, welcome and stuff. Now we must build your readership...

Anonymous said...

Oh Technorati, let me bow to thee.

cc said...

All this posting! Its unheard of.
And very nice.

Anonymous said...

And sure enough, on the Telstra Dome front, they've been talking about doing exactly that.

Perhaps you should apply for a position managing the A League?